Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy groupThree weekly sessions focusing on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Download program
About the program
Introduction to CBT group
Duration: Tuesday 6th June, and running every Thursday 5.15pm-6.45pm for 3 weeks
Location: Canberra Head to Health, 14 Childers St, Canberra City
Who is this for?
This group aims to provide participants with an introduction to the Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (or CBT) model. This group will include information on the following:
- The Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Model
- Behavioural Activation
- Graded Exposure
- Unhelpful Thinking Styles
- Analysing and Challenging unhelpful thoughts
- Healthy Coping Skills
- Where to get further support
Other important information about this group
This group is not a formal treatment program however does incorporate principles and skills of CBT to introduce participants to what engaging in therapy with a health professional might be like.
- Light refreshments will be provided.
- All participants will receive a workbook to keep.
- We have a harm minimisation framework so please do not consume drugs or alcohol prior to attending group.
Register your interest
To register your interest in attending this group, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 595 212.