Healthy coping groupSix weekly sessions focusing on building your healthy coping skills. Download program
About the program
Healthy coping group
Duration: 6 weeks
Location: Canberra Head to Health, Alia House, 9 Napier Close, Deakin, Downstairs Meeting Room
Who is this for?
This group is for those who are seeking to learn more adaptive, healthy ways to manage the stressors in their life. The group is a combination of education and reflection.
Participants will learn about the following areas:
- What is coping?
- Types of coping:
– Emotion-focused versus problem-focused coping
– Healthy versus unhealthy coping
- What is stress and how does it affect the body?
- Understanding our emotions and how they might inhibit or enhance our capacity for coping
- Helpful coping strategies:
– Mindfulness and relaxation
– Ways to change your thinking
– Increasing self-awareness and challenging negative self-beliefs
– Problem solving skills
– Values and goal setting
Other important information about this group
- Light refreshment will be provided.
- All participants will receive a workbook to keep.
- We have a harm minimisation framework so please do not consumer drugs or alcohol prior to attending group.
Register your interest
To register your interest in attending this group, please email: email@example.com or call 1800 595 212.