About the program
Strength in Diversity Group
Duration: 7 weeks
Location: Canberra Head to Health, Shop G7 (Ground floor), 14 Childers street Canberra City ACT 2601
Who is this for?
This group aims to help international students who are looking to thrive in their new environment and who are seeking to learn more adaptive, healthy ways to manage the stressors in their lives. The group is a combination of education and reflection.
Participants will learn about the following areas:
- What is coping?
- Types of coping:
– Emotion-focused versus problem-focused coping
– Healthy versus unhealthy coping
- What is stress and how does it affect the body?
- Understanding our emotions and how they might inhibit or enhance our capacity for coping
- Helpful coping strategies:
– Mindfulness and relaxation
– Ways to change your thinking
– Increasing self-awareness and challenging negative self-beliefs
– Problem solving skills
– Values and goal setting
Enrolled as an international student with any educational institute and over 18 years.
Other important information about this group
- Light refreshment will be provided
- All participants will receive a workbook to keep
- We have a harm minimisation framework so please do not consume drugs or alcohol prior to attending group
Register your interest
To register your interest in attending this group, please email: email@example.com or call 1800 595 212.