Understanding and Healing From Trauma group.Four weekly sessions focusing on building your healthy coping skills. Download program
About the program
Understanding and Healing from Trauma group
Duration: Thursday 8th June, and running every Thursday 5.15pm-6.45pm for 4 weeks
Location: Canberra Head to Health, 14 Childers St, Canberra City
Who is this for?
This group aims to provide education, information and knowledge to participants about trauma. The group will be a combination of education and reflection and is not a therapy group. Topics covered will include:
- Our understanding of trauma, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Complex Trauma (or Complex PTSD)
- What are the overall impacts of trauma?
- How does trauma impact individuals, including our brain, our nervous system and our relationships?
- The importance of the developing brain and how this is impacted by trauma in childhood
- Coping strategies and survival
- Why are relationships important?
- Ideas to begin healing from trauma
- Personal reflection
Other important information about this group
- Light refreshments will be provided.
- All participants will receive a workbook to keep.
- We have a harm minimisation framework so please do not consume drugs or alcohol prior to attending the group.
Register your interest
To register your interest in attending this group, please email: email@example.com or call 1800 595 212.